Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cedar Point Anomaly

I am ashamed to say that I got addicted to a certain musical, that I will go unnamed. Seeing the musical's main character having all his friends around him and my separation from all my best friends made me want to have them all together at one time, at one place. That's when it hit me, we should go to Cedar Point.

So I send a massive text message to people to get them to go. Three people were all for it, mostly everyone else did not immediately respond. My potential guest list was at about 10-12. I decided to shoot for 8. Tragedy struck as 1/2 of my best friends chose not to go. Then another great friend declined. But I was still looking at about potentially 6. So another friend going buys a 4 tickets on a deal I found.

A maybe was looking like a definite, and another person was silent, but then said she would go. Unfortunately, when she found out about the date, it turns out she had another engagement that day.

And then there was 5. I tried to get a 6, but they declined. Then, one of the people ended up having a wedding that day, and forgot to tell me she couldn't go.

And then there was 4. Four is a good group to go with, and since we had 4 tickets, I tried to make sure that the 4 we had was for sure. Well, one of the people I tried to get in touch with did not answer texts or calls. Then I get a call one morning and he said he couldn't go because of work.

And then there was 3. Well the last 3 were solid so I knew I had to try to find a 4th for that day. It was me, a guy, and girl, so I was hoping to find a girl that we all knew. Efforts were unsuccessful. Then another person had to backed out for personal reasons.

And then there was 2. I felt like Paul when he wrote that the only one with me now is Luke (2 Tim. 4:11a). All that was left was me and the person who bought the tickets. He mentioned that he might have something going on that day, and actually we didn't go yesterday.

lol

At first, it was kinda depressing, but now that I look at it, I actually think it's funny. Turns out you can't get what you want or desire most. We must remember that we can't force things to conform to our will. We must be willing to acknowledge that even if we are narcissist, that the world does not bend to our wants. Our lives are not about getting what we want and being happy. I wanted a Cavs championship, but we lost, and I wasted this summer wanting something as unattainable as a championship in Cleveland.

So this further contributes to the worst summer of my life. Can't wait til it's over ...



T-minus 13 days ...

Then ...

Hello Chi-town 2.0

1 comment:

Micah and Lauren said...

were you able to sell the tickets?