Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Intern Chronicles Entry #001

First day on the job, and I did nothing. Was it a waste of time? I think not. I would like to hope that God is bigger than what we normally expect. I didn't do work, but I got to fellowship with my new fellow bondservants at Uptown. They have such a zeal about them and you can tell God is in their hearts.

I am currently reading a book called "Divine Appointments", which is for a membership class. The pastor is teaching a class on knowing, discerning, and taking advantage of divine appointments to minister. An area of my life, in which I struggle. Two things I've learned thus far: it starts with God and we need to be intentional about it.

I am currently struggling on the issue of baptism be cause I cannot join the church until I receive "believer's baptism". Though I new some denominations did not accept infant baptism, I was naive to think that it would not be an issue, but I was wrong. Sometimes you have to face the consequences of your ill-advised decisions, and live with them. Will I be baptized? I might. In order to have this internship, I have to be a member, in order to be a member, I must be baptized.

No comments: