Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Jehovah Jireh"

I finally get the song, "I Exalt Thee", not that I didn't know who "Thee" was but because it was so simple and only three words. But today, God left me completely speechless, and all I could say was "I Exalt Thee".



Lately, I have been doing a lot of back and forth thinking about God's Will for my life and if coming to Moody was God's Will or my will gone wrong. I decided to go to Moody because last summer I serious considered grad school for the first time in 3 years and almost as soon as I said that to Jim, a lady from Moody came walking into Student Development, so I was like, 'ok, I'm going to go to Moody.



Fast forward a year later, being accepted but having utterly no idea how I was going to pay for school. UMC clergy kept pushing Methesco (Methodist Theological School) and Garret Evangelical Methodist Seminary on me. And if I go through the ordination process in the UMC and attend a UMC that would pretty much pay my way in there seminaries. But I wanted to go to Moody, and wasn't sure that UMC was for me.I say that because I was deeply considering the current financial issues I am facing now at Moody to be evidence that I was really suppose to go UMC. So I struggled big time! I prayed before I left to come here to Moody that if it was not God's Will, that He would stop before I left. I never felt like He did. So I came out here on faith that God would provide the finances.Blessfully, due to my internship at Cory UMC, I had enough money to pay my first 2 of 5 tuition payments for the semester, and blessfully, one of the guys here helped me get a job that pays $10.15 an hour. (THANK GOD!!!) So with that I would be able to make 4 out of 5 semester payments.



Unfortunately, I would not be able to make my 3rd payment for tuition because I haven't started my job yet.So I prayed and fasted, I even went to Oprah's studios (YES, because I sent 4 letters to her that all got thrown out) to see if I could get money for tuition. My health even declined because I was so worried about how I would be able to stay here that I am right now a little under the weather.The other day, I received text books, with the billing address being my maternal grandmother's. I called and thanked her, but she didn't pay for the books, my mother did and we spoke and when we got off the phone, she could tell that I had something in the back of my mind bothering me.



I called the acting pastor at my UMC church back home, who went to Moody and is a clergy in the UMC (Dr. Clemens), and asked for her advice because I figured she would be neutral and give me an objective position. She endorsed Moody because there they would teach me the WORD.So I owed $850 by last tuesday, and they took the money out of my debit account overdrawing my account, which threw me in a frenzy. So with tuition due and scared because I had no idea how to get the money, I stayed faithful to God. Emphatically, my mother calls me today while I was in training for my job to tell me that she just put $900 in my account, allowing me to pay tuition. It was from my grandmother.


I love my mommy (not afraid to say it). I love my grandma, too. I say all this to just let you know that God provided for me (Jehovah Jireh), and James 1:2-8, helped me get through this tough time, but I just thank God for making a way when it utterly seemed like no way, when I shouldn't have made it, but He made it possible. Thank you for those who prayed for me and I just ask that you would call your grandmothers and just thank her. It doesn't even really have to be a reason, just show her how much you love her because grandmothers rule! All in all, I feel like a heavy load was lifted off my shoulders, and now I can actually start to enjoy my time here.



But besides that, 'til we meet again (and after) ...Shalom be with you all <\T/>

No comments: