Friday, January 16, 2009

When you love someone, you love them through the heartbreaks and the scars. when those heartbreaks and scars become idols, you love that person through their idolatry. i fell in love with a girl, who is worth so much more than she will ever know. men have broken her heart and recently, she has seen two of her best male friends break her heart. though i plead "not guilty", you will beg to differ. it comes a point when you refuse to take blame for something that was out of your hands, and you have to call people out on their idolatry. not to get on your own self-righteous soapbox, but to remind the of God. my new hebrew name is Zechariah, which means "YHWH has remembered", but I want to believe that this name means, "remember YHWH". i love her, not in a romantic sense, but i love her in a way that makes me value her friendship and fellowship. it hurts that she hates me, or wants to inflict physical pain on me, but if she wants to destroy our friendship of 2 1/2 years, i must honor her decision, but no matter what i will undoubtedly love her to the bitter end. but no matter if she hates me forever or not, but i hope that in my reaction to her or how i live my life will compel her and others to remember YHWH.








1.16.11

No comments: